Travel Photography Workshop: Lake Toba (South & Southwest side) and Balige
Join me in this rare opportunity to explore The Largest Volcanic Lake in the world ‘Lake Toba’. Get a chance to be at the best spot to shoot beautiful photos and learn photography tips and basic post-processing during this workshop. We will spend 3 days and 2 nights shooting and photo review for this workshop. (SIGNUP HERE by emailing us, don’t forget to state which session you want to join)
Many traveler normally just see Lake Toba from the North(Tongging) or East(Parapat) which is still beautiful but are getting tired. The fact that this spot is famous and near to Medan makes it full of visitors or tourist alike. This can cause problem for many photography enthusiast that wanted to get the best photo of the place without the crowd.
That’s the reason why I started to explore further South(Balige) and west(Tele) which is rarely seen or travel. Also, this is the place where you can have the place for yourself and take your time to get the best photos to bring back home and have a great memory.
Our base will be in the town of Balige. Located right at the Lake Side where you can enjoy the Lake and also the Samosir Island at the far end. Starting from the sunrise at town of Balige, driving through the zig-zag road along the lake through Hutaginjang and also Muara for the perfect Lake Toba Panoramic photos, beautiful paddy fields, learn about Batak people culture/history at TB Silalahi Center and sunset at Tarabunga hillside. The route will be flexible depends on the weather and situation on the ground, but don’t worry, I will pick the best spot to get your perfect photos. While not going out taking photo, we will do photo review and post-processing session so that you will get the best out of your photos.
This workshop is tailor made for serious photographers or photography enthusiast. The total people in the group wouldn’t be more than 5 people. To make sure that everyone get the same amount of attention in order to get the best photos for the whole trip.
It is recommended that you have basic knowledge of your camera (DSLR, Mirrorless Camera, Digital Camera). But, if you don’t have full camera, but still love to be in the group, make sure you have smartphone with great camera capabilities for you to use for the whole trip such as: iPhone 6/6+. I will also give a tips in smartphone/mobile photography using iPhone 6+ as my tool.
What you need to bring?
- Your camera (Obviously) or Mobile/Smartphone
- Laptop with Adobe Lightroom (Adobe offered 30 days free trial though)
- Sturdy Tripod for your camera or your smartphone
- A moderate level of fitness would be required as this workshop involves trekking over short distances and climbing steep slopes. No hiking equipment is needed.
- Any filter, though this is not required but ND (Neutral Density) filter will be helpful for several conditions in this workshop.
Route Map (tentative, can change based on situation/weather condition/time/road condition)
The fees would be Rp. 4.000.000,-/person (US$350/person) includes:
- All land transport cost. (Medan-Balige-Medan)
- Workshop Fees.
- Accommodation (twin sharing) at Balige (Mutiara Balige Hotel) for 3 days 2 nights.
- Entry fees
- Min. 2 persons to go.
The fees does not include:
- Insurance (Compulsory)
- Meals and drinks (breakfast is included)
- Personal Expenditures for food and medicines
May 2016 Class
From May 20 to 22
- 19 May 2016: Workshop Briefing in Medan
- 20 May 2016: Approx 2/3pm Arrive in Balige
- 21 May 2016: Workshop
- 22 May 2016: Workshop
- 22 May 2016: Depart Balige to Medan
From May 27 to 29
- 26 May 2016: Workshop Briefing in Medan
- 27 May 2016: Approx 2/3pm Arrive in Balige
- 28 May 2016: Workshop
- 29 May 2016: Workshop
- 29 May 2016: Depart Balige to Medan
July 2016 Class
From July 15 to 17
- 14 July 2016: Workshop Briefing in Medan
- 15 July 2016: Approx 2/3pm Arrive in Balige
- 16 July 2016: Workshop
- 17 July 2016: Workshop
- 17 July 2016: Depart Balige to Medan
From July 22 to 24
- 21 July 2016: Workshop Briefing in Medan
- 22 July 2016: Approx 2/3pm Arrive in Balige
- 23 July 2016: Workshop
- 24 July 2016: Workshop
- 24 July 2016: Depart Balige to Medan
From July 29 to 31
- 28 July 2016: Workshop Briefing in Medan
- 29 July 2016: Approx 2/3pm Arrive in Balige
- 30 July 2016: Workshop
- 31 July 2016: Workshop
- 31 July 2016: Depart Balige to Medan
If you have any request outside of the scheduled date, please don’t hesitate to contact me HERE so that I can arrange the time accordingly.
Promotions & Discounts
Bring Your Friend — Rp. 250.000,- (US$20) off
Get Rp. 250.000,- (US$20) off your fee when you sign up with your friends and make payment together.
Terms and Conditions:
- To ensure your enrolment, fees must be paid in full within 3 days of receiving our invoice, or before the start of the tour, whichever comes first.
- You are able to attend the tour of your chosen date.
- There will be no make up date, transfers or refunds should you be absent for any of the date.
- You have read and agree to our full sales & refund policy below.
- Tour fees once paid cannot be refunded for any reasons other than those stated in our full sales & refund policy.
- You are responsible for the safety of yourself and your equipment during the tour, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Suwandi Chandra Photography, the instructor and employees from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and and costs resulting from taking part in the tour.
SALES & REFUND POLICY
- To ensure your enrolment, fees must be paid in full within 3 days of receiving our invoice or before the start of the tour, whichever is earlier.
- If a tour that you’ve booked is postponed or cancelled due to insufficient bookings, you can choose to join the tour on the alternative date offered by us, or to receive a full refund of the tour fees.
- In the event that the instructor is injured or becomes too ill, or has an extreme emergency that prevents him from conducting the tour, we will cancel the tour, you can choose to join the tour on the alternative date offered by us, or to receive a full refund of the tour fees.
- In the event of illness or emergency that prevents you from attending a scheduled tour, you should inform us as soon as possible; we may allow you to reschedule the session at our discretion.
- There will be no transfers, make up lessons or refund should you be absent for any of the tour.
- Tour fees once paid cannot be refunded for any reasons other than the above.